[squid-users] [NEED HELP] TPROXY + L2 WCCP + multi cpu

From: Mohsen Dehghani <mdehghani_at_hamyar.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 17:47:22 +0430

Hi team

I have already implemented tproxy + L2 wccp and it works perfectly except
one: squid just uses one cpu(core) and other cores on a DELL R710 are
wasted.
I have about 140 Mbps traffic and it utilizes 50% of one core. When decided
to run multicpu squid using this help:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/MultiCpuSystem

I noticed that the backend receives the requests with the ip address of
frontend(127.0.0.1).
As my squid machine do not have any public ip ( I just used tproxy before )
so it cannot get the request and forward it to the frontend. It means the
backend does not spoof the client ip.

My question is how can I force the backend to use the client ip address to
get request from internet servers?

My squid version is 3.3.8
My machine does not have any public IP