Re: [squid-users] Re: TCP_MISS/Squid-Error: ERR_CONNECT_FAIL

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 20:13:45 +1200

On 20/08/2013 9:40 p.m., SaRaVanAn wrote:
> Hi Amos,
> I changed my configuration file as you suggested.
>
> There is an another clarification from my side.
> I could able to see TCP_HIT only when I clear browser cache manually .
> The behavior is same for all the websites I have tried to connect.
>
> Is this an expected behavior?
> If not, What needs to be done in order to get TCP_HIT without manually
> clearing browser cache?

If you are the only user for this proxy that is kind of expected.

The benefits from Squid are usually from shared caching. eg one user
caused the objects to be cached for other users to HIT on. If there is
only one user the object will be cached in their browser cache and both
Squid and browser should always expire freshness simultaneously.

Amos