Re: [squid-users] how do I block facebook?

From: Alfredo Rezinovsky <alfredo_at_fing.uncu.edu.ar>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 08:58:18 -0300

El 20/08/13 21:21, junio escribió:
> I'm okay to block facebook in the company I work for, I can not redirect port
> 443 successfully.
>

> --

If you cannot redirect 443 port you should block facebook in a lower
layer, not squid.

You can poison your DNS so it don't answer facebook.com and fbcdn.net
queries. This will work only if all your clients are using your DNS. You
can redirect all the tcp/udp port 53 traffic to your own DNS to ensure this.

Another way is to block the traffic in the IP layer.

with:

     whois -h whois.radb.net '!gAS32934'

You can have an updated facebook IPs lists.

Because this is not a squid answer you can ask me directly if you want.
I don't want to go on with a non squid topic in the squid-user mailing list.

--
Alfrenovsky