Re: [squid-users] how do I block facebook?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:44:17 +0300

On 08/23/2013 01:29 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Thinking of which there is the dst_as ACL type in Squid to block based
> on the ASN number. Also requires a whois server configured in the
> as_whois_server directive.
>
> PS. I'm not sure how well it works since IPv6 support was added.
> Feedback welcome.
>
> Amos
We can write a small hepler to that too.
it's a bit more complicated but possible..

The main problem with AS dst is the it needs to verify the IP list
against some DB which I assume will overload squid regular functions.
it's like a basic "BGP server" function.

Anyone know of a way to get all AS DB downloaded?

Eliezer