[squid-users] When ipv6 dns fails

From: Michael Graham <mgraham_at_bloxx.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:41:18 -0400

Hi all,

It's been a while since anyone asked this on the list so I thought I'd
ask again.

What it the recommended steps if a site's AAAA is completely broken? For
example ondemand5.com fails as SERVFAIL after 2-4 secs.

Disabling ipv6 in proc isn't enough to stop squid doing the AAAA lookup
and it looks like I will need to pass ipv6.disable=1 to the kernel on
startup to stop the lookup.

The other option is that I can contact the admin for this dns server and
tell them that there dns server is broken.

What other options do I have for handling sites that have broken AAAA
records?

Cheers,

--
Michael Graham <mgraham_at_bloxx.com>