Re: [squid-users] squid external_acl_type ip authentication using mysql db

From: Alan <lameventanas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 22:33:40 +0900

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM, markcodes <codesmark_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently setup a working squid proxy thru our ubuntu 12 server for testing
> in a possible future setup for our IT system. My boss would like all staff
> using the internet to have their pc's connected to this squid proxy server.
> Since my boss want an IP ONLY authentication, and since I dont have any idea
> about perl or bash scripting, can anyone point me into the right direction?

I think you are confusing "authentication" with "access control".

> I have a mysql server running and I can connect to it using the proxy
> server. The database is sample_db, table name is user_check, column for ip
> is user_ip. I have some poorly written perl script at hand which is I think
> very wrong.

I haven't tested this, but try:

acl allowed_src src "/etc/squid/allowed_src.txt"
http_access allow allowed_src
http_access deny all

If you still want to go ahead with the poorly written perl thing, read this:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type/

Alan