Re: [squid-users] Upgrading squid and cache

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:02:41 +1200

On 29/08/2013 2:39 p.m., Matthew Ceroni wrote:
> Amos:
>
> While this upgrade is going on is squid prevented from servicing
> requests? Cause that is the behavior I was seeing. Then if I tried to
> do a service squid stop it would never stop. Ended up having to kill
> the processes.

Depends on a couple of things:

WCCP requires HERE_I_AM packets from Squid, which are not sent until the
cache is fully rebuilt. So WCCP interception can show that behaviour if
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/wccp2_rebuild_wait/ is set to "on".

The -F and -S command line options will also have that effect if you are
starting Squid with them. The -Y option may also have some involvement,
although that is more related to peer ICP queries.

Amos