[squid-users] how to use tproxy + iptables load balancing

From: Mohsen Dehghani <mdehghani_at_hamyar.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 12:43:30 +0430

Hi team
I am planning to install multiple instances of squid on a machine as a
frontend. Tproxy is now working fine on a single instance machine.
No I want to run multiple instances and use this help to load balance
between them:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/ExtremeCarpFrontend#Frontend_Bala
ncer_Alternative_1:_iptables

does anybody have any experience doing this?

I think the key rule in tproxy iptables is:
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j TPROXY --tproxy-mark
0x1/0x1 --on-port 3129

I have tried some ways of combination of this with the example without any
success.

thanks