Re: [squid-users] tproxy and url-rewrite

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 23:20:56 +0300

On 09/02/2013 11:00 PM, Alfredo Rezinovsky wrote:
> I have a squid with tproxy and url-rewrite
>
> Some url-rewtites goes to localhost
>
> OK rewrite-url="http://127.0.0.1/...."
>
> The problem is that squid does the request using the original client IP
> (as tproxy has to) and localhost can't answer.
>
> there's a way to force a tcp_outgoing address (or disable tproxy) for
> localhost urls?
Hey,

There is no problem in that.
when you do a rewrite like this it should not work!!
you should never do a TPROXY interception and then connect to a
localhost address.
nobody can route localhost 127.0.0.0/8 address to elsewhere then the
localmachine since this is how computers work.

If you would describe what you want to achieve using url-rewrite we can
suggest you on a way to make it work.
There is a workaround to use a cache_peer with a no-tproxy flag on it.

Eliezer