Re: [squid-users] Number of Objects Inside aufs Cache Directory

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 07:12:15 +0300

On 09/03/2013 02:24 AM, Golden Shadow wrote:
> I think I need to redesign the whole thing from the bottom up as you outlined. Balancing the load between two squid nodes that efficiently use the hardware resources is better than using one squid node that does not efficiently use the available resources. I think using WCCP to redirect traffic and to balance the load is a good choice and it works perfectly for me so far. It also offers good reliability in case one node gets down.
I wanted to write a tool that will allow a squid cluster to run smoothly
in the past by doing periodically "health" checks.
it's a basic crontab task that flags 1-4 flags per proxy in the cluster
in either a DB or a small FS file that will might hold a "record of
fame" about the stability of the connection etc..

if someone can sketch a way that this kind of a helper can work I will
be glad to write some code in ruby to make it work.

Eliezerr