[squid-users] Re: Squid 3 doesn't overwrite/replace cached objects(?)

From: uners <r.schroth_at_unexpected.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 07:31:25 -0700 (PDT)

I think, I found the cause myself:

The cache_dir directive had settings from an earlier Squid proxy server,
which had a bigger cache disk. (I C&Ped them when I set up the current proxy
server). It was:

The current Squid server has a cache disk of 20GB and according to the
description of the cache_dir directive
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache_dir/ it should be at maximum 20%
smaller than the available disk space:

My question regarding different process owners remains: Why runs the parent
squid process as root and the child as user proxy? Is that normal? Is it
best practice? Should I chmod or chown cache directory?