Re: [squid-users] Re: Any Way To Check If Windows Updates Are Cached?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 16:44:17 +1200

On 5/09/2013 8:48 p.m., Helmut Hullen wrote:
> Hallo, Amos,
>
> Du meintest am 05.09.13:
>
> [...]
>
>>> No - thanks to Torsten Wittrock. He has made "wsusoffline".
> [...]
>
>> Lol. Would anyone care to update the WindowsUpdate wiki page to write
>> up a nice configuration example for using that tool with Squid?
> Hmmm - is there any need?

One of the mialing list FAQs is whether there is any better way than the
current wiki WindowsUpdate page method to store windows updates. People
mumble about WSUS but nothing has been written to say how to integrate
it yet - so it keeps popping up as either a direct question or as
something like the project you have just spent time on.

> I've just taken a look into one of the "wsusoffline" directories: 52
> patch files, sizes from 1 MByte to 45 MByte. Totally about 750 MByte.
>
> That's no job for "squid".

But a how-to on getting Squid to use that software as a peer or such to
fetch from would be a nice rounding out of the WU documentation.

Amso