[squid-users] Re: Any Way To Check If Windows Updates Are Cached?

From: HillTopsGM <emailgregagain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 09:35:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello again Helumt,

I have been playing with the wsusoffline, & learning more about it.

What I have discovered is that it only will bring a system up to a 'patched'
level - critical security updates only.

Important updates are not included.

It is STILL a vast improvement over what I have done in the past (download
EVERYTHING - EVERY TIME).

So for what it is worth, some how being able to incorporate a WU cache/store
would be very helpful.

I know caching is not a great option due to the overwriting issues. My
solution is to use a 'Large' Cache, and to use the *cache_replacement_policy
heap LFUDA*

Hopefully this will help keep whatever Squid can get it's hands on in the
cache as long as possible.