Re: [squid-users] Implementation details of of proxying?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 01:36:19 +0300

Hey Jeff,

Squid compiles and runs on many OS and mainly on unix like OS.
BSD and LINUX are the main goal..
There are efforts for squid to work on windows and other platforms if it
can be done with the resources available.

I would say the using libevent is a good idea for a proxy.
Building appliance based on OpenBSD is a very nice Idea if you do have
the knowledge for that.

A linux based squid system is pretty simple to implement and since
OpenBSD works in a similar way it can be done easily.

Eliezer