Re: [squid-users] 100% CPU Load problem with squid 3.3.8

From: Carlos Defoe <carlosdefoe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 18:58:57 -0300

Seems right, Kinkie. "ulimit Provides control over the resources
available to the shell and to processes started by it". So that's why
squid process inherits the configuration made on the initialization
script. I assume that doesn't matter which user runs the subprocess.

But limits.conf is a PAM feature. As you said, it should configure
limits on a system basis, for all users configured. What we are saying
is that it does not work at boot time, when squid runs. The
configuration on the init script is the only way to make it work.