[squid-users] Re: Empty macros in request_header_add for SSL connections [Squid 3.3.3]

From: libit <sambabug.lb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 04:55:44 -0700 (PDT)

For testing I've stripped it down to just these 8 lines (in reality I need a
%ul in the injected header, but the test fails even with a constant string).
With the following squid.conf, the header is added both to CONNECT and
non-https requests, but while in non-https requests the header has the
correct value "Test User", in CONNECT requests the header has just a "-" as
its value.

# squid.conf
http_access allow all
request_header_add X-Authenticated-User "Test User"
http_port 8080
cache_peer 10.55.20.18 parent 8081 0 no-query no-digest
always_direct deny all
never_direct allow all
shutdown_lifetime 1 seconds
debug_options ALL,1 11,2 28,3 55,3

Cheers.
Libit

P.S: I also tried with a different header name and/specifying an acl ("all")
after the request_header_add (but that's indeed not necessary as per the
documentation)