Re: [squid-users] Squid intermittently fails with 503 after connect

From: John McGowan <john_at_lynch2.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:37:28 -0500

Eliezer, I don't know how I missed this before when I looked at my
configuration file.

I had the line....

connect_timeout 3.0 seconds

In my case the problem is most definitely occurring when connecting to
a small subset of the servers. Those servers are likely under load
and that's why I'm seeing the issue.

I tried setting things back to the default 60 seconds and things are
working as expected.

I think what happened is that I was reading the documentation and saw
that the default was 1 minute, and had assumed that my config file was
not overriding that default. I was wrong.

--
John McGowan
Lynch2