[squid-users] Set field in HTTP header in Squid 3.1

From: Sachin Gupta <chingupt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 09:18:00 +0530

Hi,

We are using Squid 3.1 and need to do the following:
1. We have a list of URLs which we want to allow.
2. Squid to read this list of URLs and for each matching entry in the
list, set a particular field (insert a string) in the HTTP header.
3. Using this header string, a URL filtering program will allow the
URLs to be accessed.

I explored the squid functionality and came across following:
a. header_replace : Not sure how i can use this for my case. Examples
and references are welcome.
b. request_header_replace: Not available in 3.1. Not possible to
upgrade to latest squid release.

Is there any other option to do the same? Please suggest.

Regards