Re: [squid-users] Set field in HTTP header in Squid 3.1

From: Sachin Gupta <chingupt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 22:40:24 +0530

Thanks Alex.

We are in a stage where even ICAP cannot be deployed :(
So i had started digging into SQUID code to find where hooks can be placed.

I was trying to do the following:
1. Configured and ACL (whiteLst) in squid.conf for the allowed list of file.
2. In code i am trying to find a place where it says that url abc,com
matches ACL (whiteLst) specified in conf file. If the ACL name matches
to whiteLst, i will call a function to add a custom header.

I have not been able to find such a place in the code as of yet where
i can safely say that my ACL (whiteLst) match has happened.
Found a code where "ACLMatchedList" is populated, but on debugging it
seems to be generally populated with ACL "ALL".
Not sure where the "ALL" acl is being picked up. Some "indent_*" acl
is being matched.

Even tried with enabling debug logs for squid. Seems it matches the
ACL (whiteLst) but then also matches some ACL "ALL", hence overwriting
the Matched ACL name.

Still debugging, though some pointers or inputs would be welcome here.

Thanks in Adv.
Regards