Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid + DansGuardian + Bridging

From: Chris Bennett <chris_at_ceegeebee.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 10:25:14 +0930

> Squid provides ICAP and eCAP interfaces for content filtering
> services which do phraselist filtering. So does DG if you look
> closely at the latest versions.

I was going to mention ICAP/eCAP in my email but thought it's not
strictly squid performing the content scanning. I do think ICAP/eCAP
is the right way to do implement this kind of scanning though.

I had a look at DG's latest release as well as SVN repo and couldn't
find any hint of ICAP support (there is references to DG utilising
other ICAP servers for AV scanning though). Can you point me in the
direction of where this latest code might be?

Sich: Thanks for the reference to qlproxy. I hadn't heard of it
before. I will check it out.

Regards,

Chris