[squid-users] What to do in an imperfect world

From: Mark Davies <mark_at_ecs.vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 09:04:44 +1200

Some time ago I set connect_timeout down to 10 seconds because we were
hitting various sites that were advertising v6 addresses but not listening
on them and it seemed that in this day and age connect times were
generally under a second but now we've found a site
(http://inspirehep.net) that some of our users use heavily that regularly
can take over 20 seconds to connect so we've gone back to the default
setting. Any way we can deal with both situations at once?

cheers
mark