Re: [squid-users] Samba 4 vs Squid 3.2 - NTLM Authentication

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 08:18:07 +0300

Hey there,

I will need to understand more about the NTLM auth process in order to
try to help you.
Can you tell me if it worked on another version of Samba?
there is a DEBUG option if I am not wrong about the NTLM helper.
I think that using kerberus can might solve couple issues..
As far as I can tell NTLM is an older way to do things which can be the
wrong choice.
did you had the chance of looking at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/Kerberos
??
Is this a samba only environment or AD one?

take a small peak at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/NtlmCentOS5#Notes

Eliezer