Re: [squid-users] Unwanted DNS queries

From: T Ls <tls_at_pries.pro>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:56:56 +0200

Hello,

Am 24.9.2013 14:31, schrieb Eliezer Croitoru:
> Hey there,
>
> you can try to define a dst domain regex that will verify the
> destination domain.
>
> I am trying to understand how can you use a proxy and no DNS??

Because our proxy hands all http requests to external (=internet) sites
over to the parent proxy (for doing that, dns is not necessary), direct
access is only possible for internal hosts (this needs dns, this works
fine).

> ... what a reconf to the service does? is it affecting anything at
> all?

What kind of reconfigure do you mean?

> you do have dstdomain acls which can be the source for some of the
> trouble but it's not 100% until tested more.

As far as I understand, dstdomain acls causes dns requests only in case
of a given IP address (making a PTR request to find out the
corresponding domainname)

> can you describe the network environment in more details?

(myNet + internal servers + myProxy) -> (Firewall + parentProxy) ->
internet

> ... The fastest way to deny DNS queries is to lower the way they are
> being
> handled.

I don't want to deny the DNS queries, I think they are not necessary
and I am wondering why squid make these queries.

Kind Regards
Thomas