[squid-users] Do not refresh the cache if cache_peer is unavailable

From: Manuel <manuelgarcia_at_trashmail.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:32:12 -0700 (PDT)

Is it possible to do not refresh the cache in case of an error in the newest
request to the cache_peer?

What I mean is; suppose that in a reverse proxy I want to refresh the cache
of the base URL (the homepage of the website) around every 60 seconds but in
case that the cache peers are temporarily unavailable I do not want to
refresh the cache because otherwise no content will be shown to the clients.
Is there are method to achieve this?

Thank you in advance