Re: [squid-users] NTLM Authenticator Statistics 3.3.5

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 20:33:56 +1300

On 1/10/2013 1:50 p.m., Kris Glynn wrote:
> Thanks, I will look at upgrading but these are Production servers and I notice quite a few changes from 3.3.x to 3.4 so I might need to do something about it in the meantime.
>
> My idea of a fix is the following to perhaps run every 48hours...
>
> for pid in `/usr/bin/squidclient -p 8080 mgr:ntlmauthenticator |grep RS |awk '{print $3}'`; do kill $pid; done
>
> Am I correct in saying that I can kill any pid with flag "RS" from the mgr:ntlmauthenticator output?

Well the R means that the helepr os locked by a client connection id-way
through the authentication handshake. It is a legitimate state to be in
when the rotate or any other reason shutdown is scheduled, but should
have completed within a few seconds, maybe a minute if your AD or client
is acting very slowly.

If you don't mind breaking any legitimate client connections that is an
option. I suggest you wait a full minute after any rotate or reconfigure
to minimize the problems though.

Amos