[squid-users] Set up a cluster of 10 squid servers using ~170GB of memory and no disk

From: Jérôme Loyet <jerome_at_loyet.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 11:02:56 +0200

Hello,

I'm facing a particular situation. I have to set-up a squid cluster on
10 server. Each server has a lot of RAM (192GB).

Is it possible et effective to setup squid to use only memory for
caching (about 170GB) ? What directive should be tweaked ? (cache_mem,
cache_replacement_policy, maximum_object_size_in_memory, ...). The
cache will store object from several KB (pictures) up to 10MB (binary
chunks of data).

With 10 sibling cache squid instances, what should I use as type of
cache peering ? (10 siblings or a multicast ICP cluster, other ?)

I've searched a little bit on google but didn't find anything revelant.

Thanks to you all,
++ Jerome