[squid-users] Re: forced http and https traffic redirect to proxy by cisco router

From: Ahmad <ahmed.zaeem_at_netstream.ps>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 05:27:49 -0700 (PDT)

well ,
look ,
\
if u read cisco documents , u have many methods to do that ,

but i will guide u a method that we use services and acls that specify the
ips that we want them to be redirected .
okay :)

so ,

assume our squid is listening to services number 30 & 40 in squid.conf .

so we have on our router as below :
we have to create 2 access lists , one match our clients ip when they enter
the router interface
and one match them when our clients return from internet and be returned
into squid

1- create an acl that match the src ips of ur clients and destination port
is www

so we have to write :

ip access-list ex ahmad1
permit tcp x.x.x.x x.x.x.x any eq www

2- create acl that match ips of clients when return from internet
ip access-list ex ahmad2
permit tcp any eq www x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

note that x.x.x.x is the ip and wild card mask if ur subnet clients .
2-
now after creating the acl ,
we add to cisco router

#ip wccp 30 redirect-list ahmad1
#ip wccp 40 redirect-list ahmad2

3-
then under the interface of cisco router that is close to switch , we have
#ip wccp 30 redirect in

and under interface close to internet we have
#ip wccp 40 redirect in

thats it !!!

if u want to redirect https traffic , u just modify acl except www to 443

-----
Dr.x