Re: [squid-users] Has anyone heard about this option??

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 15:38:03 -0600

On 10/09/2013 03:24 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:

> In a case there is a problematic client I would limit the client SYN
> rate if he is a problematic client..

SYN rate? The malicious client in question sends only one SYN packet
because it only needs one HTTP connection to kill Squid. If there is no
read ahead gap limit, one HTTP request is enough to consume all
available RAM on the Squid box.

> How hard would it be to add a Forward proxy the option to send an error
> page to a runtime syn\accpet\other limit?

If client usage information is available somewhere, then one can use an
external_acl_type or eCAP/ICAP to block or redirect that client. No new
options are needed.

Cheers,

Alex.