Re: [squid-users] Low performance even with low number of users

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 13:05:16 +1300

On 11/10/2013 4:00 a.m., Luiz Felipe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a "curious" case of low performance with Squid.
>
> The symptom is that every request take at least +/- 7 seconds. Even
> when there is a small number of clients.
>
> The browser keeps waiting and when it load, it loads fast.
>
> If I allow the client to access the web without proxy, it access
> really fast. So, there's no bandwidth problems - and in fact it loads
> fast after the "freeze" period. (with the same DNS, by the way).
<snip>
> The hardware is enough for the demand - but maybe the settings are wrong.
> Version 2.6.STABLE21 (CentOS)
>
> Any hints?

I susect HTTP/1.1 Expect: feature. That feature is being used by more
and more services around the Internet as HTTP/1.1 support improves in
the middleware like Squid.

Please try an upgrade to the current supported stable Squid (3.3.9 as of
today) and see if you problem simply disappears.

Amos