[squid-users] kerberos and cname

From: Marko Cupać <marko.cupac_at_mimar.rs>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 07:10:18 +0200

I have squid box named squid01.example.com, but all the clients' browsers
are configured to access it by its CNAME which is proxy.example.com. This
way I am able to install new server named squidXX, test it, and once
everything is fine I can change CNAME to point to the new server.

This worked fine when I was switching from no auth to NTLM, but not now
when I am switching to kerberos. I have created keytab for
HTTP/squid03.example.com_at_EXAMPLE.COM and clients are authenticated fine
if their browsers are configured with squid03.example.com, but not with
proxy.example.com.

Is it possible to make kerberos work with CNAME?

--
Marko Cupać