Re: [squid-users] configuring acl for blocking (URLs and IPs/Subnets)

From: Sachin Gupta <chingupt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:58:53 +0530

Thanks Amos.

For handling subnets, do i need to create a separate ACL? or it can be
clubbed in the list of IPs?

acl aclname dst [-n] ip-address/mask
OR

acl aclname dst "subnets_file"

The documentation http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/acl/ mentions
that this is a slow acl.
How does this work actually? Is it so that for each request, a dns
query is done and matched against this acl?

Regards