[squid-users] Battling with setting up reverse proxy with URL rules

From: Ali Kheyrollahi <aliostad_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 22:57:25 +0100

Hi all,

I have read wiki, looked through many examples, googled, etc but could
not find the answer.

I would like to use Squid in dev environments to replicate part of the
functionality provided by AKAMAI so that we can test in our local
boxes and test streams. It might be something obvious but let me show
you my requirement:

I would like to (this is a minimal scenario)

1) set up a reverse proxy on my local machine on port 3128 (or any)
2) have 3 servers, lets call their hostnames: host.serv1, host.serv2
and host.serv3
3) I would like / (root URL) to go to host.serv1
4) I would like /foo to go to host.serv2
5) I would like /bar to go to host.serv2/baaaz

I prefer not to use URL_Rewrite feature if I do not have to.
Can you please show me a minimal set up please or point me to the
right documentation?

Many thanks
Ali