Re: [squid-users] Squid SSL transparent proxy - SSL_connect:error in SSLv2/v3 read server hello A

From: Larry Zhao <thehiddendepth_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 11:23:23 +0800

Hi, Guys,

I found my problem, the problem is I should use the directive
https_port instead of http_port for port 443.

After I change the config in squid.conf to https_port 443
cert=/home/larry/ssl/server.crt key=/home/larry/ssl/server.key
ssl-bump transparent

I restarted squid and found this in the log: (ssl_crtd): Uninitialized
SSL certificate database directory: /opt/squid3/var/lib/ssl_db. To
initialize, run "ssl_crtd -c -s /opt/squid3/var/lib/ssl_db".

So I go and run that command: sudo -u proxy ./ssl_crtd -c -s
/opt/squid3/var/lib/ssl_db

but it results in error:
Initialization SSL db...
./ssl_crtd: Cannot create /opt/squid3/var/lib/ssl_db

I can't find further information on why this failed...need help..

--
Cheers ~
Larry