[squid-users] Http works HTTPS gives cert errors. No errors in logs.

From: Derek Pinkston <pinkstond_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 15:20:47 -0500

Maybe someone can answer this for me so I can definitively determine
if Squid is still right for us. We have used squid and squidguard for
years to block sites for parts of our company and restrict total
access for other parts. However now that more and more sites are
using https by default, the users who should not be surfing the
internet are surfing through https... I thought that the newest
versions of squid would easily remedy this, but so far that does not
seem to be the case. Can squid+squid guard monitor and block https
traffic without having to install certs on individual
computers/browsers? I want this to be as un-intrusive as our previous
setup was.

I thought I read it was possible but I'm having an impossible time
finding an article or wiki or anything that will tell you exactly how
to accomplish this. Can anyone please help or suggest something that
may work for my situation.