Re: [squid-users] Re: squid with muliwan

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 05:16:18 +0300

And in a network sense of things:
What is the ip of the clients?
What interfaces names has for the clients the pfsense the squid etc.
what is the subnet of each and everyone of them?
Once I will have the bigger picture in hands I will be able to write more.
As of pfsense it's based on FreeBSD with PF(from OpenBSD).
Pfsense routing is based on IP level and I am aware of MARKING options
that do exists in the PF mechanizm but I do not remeber and\or know how
it works.
there is the page in OpenBSD that gives some knowledge about it:
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html#outgoing

Since FreeBSD uses the same mechanizm I suppose it's has similarity of
functions which I think doesn't support Socket level marking.
This article:
http://www.packetmischief.ca/2011/09/20/virtualizing-the-openbsd-routing-table/

Actually gives some nice diagrams (which I still look for the software
that made them).

I do know that it is very simple to route traffic by the src adress and
you dont need squid for that..
If you want for squio to intercept the traffic and also to do "by src"
route policy you will need to use some thinking and planning on how it
should be done using routing to the squid proxy and back etc..
if you want to see something about LB and Policy based routing in
PfSense try this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HecHgI1HBKI

and there is something I remeber that the FW rules and the routing
should sould be edited sepratly.

Eliezer