[squid-users] Re: squid & squid3 running at the same time ! , can we get benefit ?

From: babajaga <augustus_meyer_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 02:57:57 -0700 (PDT)

I can only tell about a multi-2.7 config, running one 2.7-squid for
authentication and load distribution, and 2 more 2.7-squids as backends on a
4-core machine.

Using 2.7 because of some unique features and private patches. And, because
I consider it "rock-solid" for my requirements.

This config works similar to SMP in newer squids, taking advantage of
multiple cores.