Re: [squid-users] why wccp config with smp must be put in backend.conf ???

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 20:30:14 +1300

On 28/10/2013 8:10 p.m., Ahmad wrote:
> hi , all
>
> im wondering ,
> i have followed example of :
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/SmpCarpCluster
>
> my question is , why the wccp config dont work if it was put in
> fronted.conf ????
>
> why it only work if i put it in backed.conf ???

Same reason for this and the other thread you started about WCCP.

A small bug in rock storage system initialization and SMP workers
prevents the WCCP being activated. Since it waits for all stores to be
ready for service before announcing, and the workers may not be aware of
when the caches are ready.

You can workaround it by configuring wccp_rebuild_wait off

Amos