Re: [squid-users] Re: 3x cpu usage after upgrade 3.1.20 to 3.3.8

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 10:31:59 -0600

On 10/27/2013 03:03 AM, Omid Kosari wrote:

> Everything is same as before . I have 2 squid boxes . one of them has rock ,
> another even doesn't has rock . just upgraded and both boxes has increased
> cpu usage .

For each of those 2 squid boxes, can you post a "top" snapshot showing
(a) all CPU cores and (b) all [non-idle] Squid processes? In most top
implementations, "1" will toggle per-core statistics, "u" lets you limit
process display to Squid user, and "c" lets you should Squid kid names.

If you can do the same for v3.1 as well, that would be awesome, but I
suspect it may be too much of a hassle for you to go back to that
version just to get a CPU usage snapshot.

There are many ways to interpret your "3x CPU usage" concern, and it may
help a lot to see the actual CPU usage on your systems...

Thank you,

Alex.