Re: [squid-users] invalid request

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 20:11:31 +1300

On 31/10/2013 4:17 a.m., Cheikhou Dramé wrote:
> Hi everybody ,
>
> I'm a newbie in squid .I have many "clientProcessRequest: Invalid
> request" errors in my cache.log file . Is there a way to identify the
> client which sending those requests ? my transparent squid server is
> running on centos 6.4.

It means the bytes received by Squid do not parse as an HTTP request.
Squid only supports HTTP 0.9 / 1.0 / 1.1 protocol as input, with a few
other port-80 protocols which use HTTP syntax such as ICY streaming
media. Or in specific builds of Squid HTTPS port 443 traffic.

You can enable debug_options 33,5 to get some more details about what
the parser found. Usually a lot of them means your network is filled
with software abusing port 80, or the proxy is otherwise listening on a
port which is in active use by non-HTTP protocols.

Amos