[squid-users] Re: IPv6 + Intercept proxy

From: WorkingMan <signup_mail2002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 08:25:11 +0000 (UTC)

Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer <at> ngtech.co.il> writes:

> Hey there,
>
> On 10/30/2013 10:18 PM, WorkingMan wrote:
> > I think we need a up to date guide on
> > transparent proxy for remote host (with concrete example that works). I
> > followed too many guides that don't work.
>
> Maybe you still have this list of guides\articles\examples??
>
> I would like to see what you have seen and understand what is the common
> source of the problem in these articles.
> I am almost sure that there is a common way of describing the feature
> which makes it un-understable.
>
> Thanks,
> Eliezer

My understanding is probably not great on all this matters since I am
not able to make this work. My requirement is simple: setup a remote
server that acts as a transparent proxy; 80/443 traffic comes from
VPN server and should be "redirected" to SQUID.

I addded rules for VPN server with this guide: http://wiki.squid-
cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/IptablesPolicyRoute
and added these rule on SQUID:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/LinuxRedirect
It's not working.

I just want to be able to follow a guide that result in a functional
environment with transparent proxy. The only time I was able to
redirect traffic to SQUID was using DNAT/SDAT from sec 6.1
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/TransparentProxy-6.html, but that doesn't work
for HTTP/1.0 according to the guide. In 6.1 somehow it has eth1 whichis not
explained (need two network interface?). All SQUID guide I saw
related to this use one interface only - eth0.

At this point I don't think more theory will help me resolve this issue.
I need concrete example that just works. You can look at my other post for
detailed rules I am using on remote transparent proxy.

If I can make this work I will help you make a guide for dummies like myself.