Re: [squid-users] Problem with negotiate_wrapper and ntlm authentication

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 03:18:05 +1300

On 1/11/2013 2:45 a.m., Matteo De Lazzari wrote:

> Uhm, I cannot understand. The user and computer that you found is the
> current logged in windows user . It's a local user. If I want to use the
> browser, a login box appear. So i try to insert the domain credential in
> the form domain\username and the password. After i click on the ok
> button, on the log i find that the user that squid are trying to
> authenticate is the local logged in user and not just the user which I
> inserted. Have you any idea of what's the cause of this behaviour?

Popup from the browser is supposed to be a *last resort* action to
locate credentials. They first try any other sources of credentials that
can be found.

I expect if you look deeply you will see that the browser is sending the
NTLM local machine credentials over first, then only displaying that
popup when that NO_SUCH_USER causes them to fail. At least that is what
is supposed to be happening.

Amos