Re: [squid-users] Zeroed SNMP statistic after reload

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 23:19:08 +1300

On 1/11/2013 9:32 p.m., Kirill Kamyshnikov wrote:
> I experiment with use SNMP for limited client traffic in real time.
> I have problem with zeroed values SNMP after /etc/init.d/squid3 -k
> reload (time to time). Before reload I do "/usr/sbin/squid -k check"
> and do not have any errors or warnings.
> I understood command "restart" does zeroed values SNMP, but "reload"
> does not. In what case SNMP statistic will be cleaned after reload?

Depends on the OID. If the detail it is reporting was tied to some
configuration structures which changed or got disabled for the
reconfigure then it would show up as a new value.

> ---
> SQUID 3.1.8
> Linux Debian 7.2

Please consider updating your server. Debian 7.2 comes with Squid
version 3.1.20.
If possible you should consider updating further to the 3.3 version
package in Debian Testing repository.

Amos