Re: [squid-users] Re: WARNING: Could not determine this machines public hostname. Please configure one or set 'visible_hostname'.

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 12:02:16 -0600

On 11/01/2013 06:42 PM, Dr.x wrote:

> i pumped about 500 users and i monitored my cores
>
> i found that process # 1 is about 30 % and all others about 10 %
>
> i think if i let acl verification far from process # 1 , it will make better
> for squid !!!

Assume you have four independent buses driving passengers from point A
to point B. One bus got 30 passengers. The other three buses got 10
passengers each. In that context, your question is similar to asking
"Can I transport the heads of the first bus passengers on the other
three buses, to make my per-bus weight distribution better????" The
answer is "No, you cannot, because each passenger needs their head
attached".

> is my suggestion better ??? or let acl verification shred on all processes

Your suggestion is not better or worse, it simply does not apply to SMP
Squid architecture with similar workers. If you are wondering about poor
CPU core load balance when you use similar workers, you can read my
theory about it at:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SmpScale#Will_similar_workers_receive_similar_amount_of_work.3F

(but that is not the only theory in existence and YMMV).

HTH,

Alex.