Re: [squid-users] URL rewrite and POST body

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 22:58:45 +1300

On 6/11/2013 12:37 p.m., WorkingMan wrote:
> 1) Is the POST body request preserved when using url_rewrite_program? Based on
> my test it seems to be lost. If it's lost is it easy to modify SQUID to
> preserve that (or maybe an option to enable that)?

It should be preserved. Only headers portion should be completely
rebuilt with new headers copied from the old URLs' request to the new
URLs' request.

> 2) Can URL be rewritten in content adaptation like eCAP (or ICAP)? Just
> wondering.

Yes.

> 3) what is the order of url_rewrite_program (or other redirect option) and
> content adaptation order (which one comes first?).

1) http_access access controls (deny_info redirect)
2) ICAP/eCAP
3) URL-rewrite/redirect
4) adapted_http_access controls (deny_info redirect again)
5) source selection stages ...

> Let me know what can be done for rewrite the URL and preserve POST body (so
> query params in the request body and not in the URL)

"query params" in the POST body, and body. Nothing Squid does affects them.

Amos