Re: [squid-users] caching problem in squid 3.2 vs 3.1

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 08:48:14 -0700

On 11/07/2013 01:40 AM, Ayham Abou Afach wrote:

> there is too many posts to the same problem this is one of them :
> squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Caching-in-3-2-vs-3-1-td4472480.html#a4662974
> is there any answer ????

I recommend the following steps to find that answer:

0. Consider using v3.3 or v3.4.
   The fresher the release, the higher is your chance of getting help.

1. Use an isolated Squid instance that only you can submit requests to.
   Use a tiny disk cache or, if you can, no disk cache at all.
   This will make it easier for others to understand Squid debugging,
   further increasing your chances of getting help.

2. Find a specific URL that illustrates the problem:
   Cached with v3.1 but not cached with a recent Squid.
   Ideally, use a simple command-line tool like wget or curl
   rather than a browser. This will make it easier for you to reproduce
   the problem and for others to understand Squid debugging, further
   increasing your chances of getting help.

3. Stop Squid. Set debug_options to ALL,9. Erase cache.log.

4. Start recent Squid and reproduce the problem by submitting
   two sequential requests from #2, at least a few seconds apart.
   Both requests should result in misses.

5. Copy cache.log and share the copy so that others can review it.
   You may need to compress the log and use a public file sharing site
   if this mailing list and squid bugzilla reject your attachment due
   to its size.

Squid should make it much easier to triage such cases, of course.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/AboutSquid#How_to_add_a_new_Squid_feature.2C_enhance.2C_of_fix_something.3F

HTH,

Alex.