[squid-users] Re: squid cache manager question and snmp with smp question

From: Dr.x <ahmed.zaeem_at_netstream.ps>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 02:21:05 -0800 (PST)

===========================>well , no worry :)

>> Q2- does the result in cache manager in "general run time information" is
>> calculated as total for all processes ???
>
> Um. Is cache_mem set to 1000 MB in on worker? or would that be the sum
> for all the workers with cache_mem ?

==>i think memory will be for all workers
i mean if i put to 1000 ===> the given cache_mem to squid is to be
(1000*process number)

>> ==================================================================
>> Q3
>> ABOUT snmp with smp
>> wt i need to configure in squid.conf ??
>
> Squid must be built with --enable-snmp.
>
> Also, snmp_port and snmp_access directives must be configured.
>

>> do i need to configure snmp for each instance ???
>
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SmpScale#What_can_workers_share.3F

===>well from wiki it say that snmp is shared wit workers , u mean we dont
need to do it per workers ??

========> ok i will