Re: [squid-users] Install Squid 3.3.10 on Slackware 14

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 18:01:26 +0100

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Vukovic Ivan
<Ivan.Vukovic_at_schlattergroup.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Please i need help to ./configure, make and install Squid 3.3.10 on Slackware 14.0 I Installed Slackware 14 with this packets:
[...]
> gcc-4.7.1-i486-1
> gcc-g++-4.7.1-i486-1

> I can Boot and the Installation is ok.
> Now i want install Squid 3.3.10 on this Slackware 14 Installation but everytime when i did the ./configure command, this error came:
> gcc error: C Compiler works ..no
> gcc -v command unrecognized
> gcc -qversion command unrecognized
>
> But!, here is the Point, when i install slackware 14 full (with all packages) then i can ./configure, make and install squid 3.3.10 without any Problem.
>
> So,
> Which package of slackware 14 is missing to ./configure, make and install Squid 3.3.10???? Here's is the list of all slackware 14 included packages:
> http://mirror.netcologne.de/slackware/slackware-14.0/PACKAGES.TXT
>
> Please help me to get the squid install process working, Thanks!

This is a question for the Slackware developers..
The error message is however quite telling: it seems that your gcc
setup is not working.

I suggest you to check config.log (it may contain additional
information) and/or "gcc -v", and check what it prints. It may give
you a clue as to what's wrong with your C compiler.

--
    /kinkie