Re: [squid-users] Ubuntu Server 13.10. Squid 3.3.8. WARNING: external ACL 'memberof' queue overload

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 20:11:33 +0200

Hey,

OK So now you have found the culprit.
 From this I think I have a small thing\suggestion to the Linux\unix
like OS.
it cannot run the process from an unknown reason but it seems like the
process cannot be executed from an unknown reason.
it depends on what OS you are running squid but most Linux Distributions
has an option to run a command\process as a specific user.
The problem can be either a wrong permission to one of the program tree
up directories or any other way to prevent it from running like
ownership of the binary file.
try
"chmod 777 /usr/lib/squid3/ext_ldap_group_acl"
and restart squid to see what happens.
If you can run the same command with let say "squid" or "proxy" with
sudo or su it will tell you maybe why squid will not run it.
You can also try to run
"ls -la /usr/lib/squid3/ext_ldap_group_acl"
to see if the file exists and what permissions it has.

All the above will might show something covering the basic tests that
squid is doing.

I assume that a basic test if the file of an external acl program do
exists and executable can add more to debug such issues.

Hope it helps,
Eliezer