Re: [squid-users] large rock question

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:55:11 -0700

On 11/13/2013 05:24 AM, Ayham Abou Afach wrote:
> Hi Alex
>
> I am trying squid 3.head to try large rock support .

Large rock is not available in 3.head (a.k.a., Squid trunk). If you want
to try it, use the following unofficial branch:
https://code.launchpad.net/~measurement-factory/squid/collapsed-fwd

Since that code is not official, please do not count on official support.

> as we see from documentation that max-size option for rock store means
> slot size ( which is used 32k -1 );

Not in Large Rock. Max-size meaning in Large Rock is the same as
max-size meaning for ufs-based cache_dirs.

> and caching large objects will use more slots . is that true ???

Yes.

> if it is true ; how i can limit the hard disk ( rock store partition )
> to store objects with max size 10Mb

If you are using Large Rock, add max-size=10485760 or similar to your
cache_dir line.

HTH,

Alex.