[squid-users] Re: Cannot get basic_ldap_auth to work with AD

From: Brig <rdyz4me_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:12:15 -0800 (PST)

Hey Peter,

Thx for the reply!

I tried the command you suggested and I get error:

basic_ldap_auth: WARNING, could not bind to binddn 'Invalid credentials'
ERR Success

If I remove the "-f sAMAccountName=%s" part of the command you sent then I
get the error:

basic_ldap_auth.cc(739): pid=23194 :attempting to authenticate user
'uid=brig,“dc=mydomain,dc=com”'
ERR Success

(I am trying to auth my own userid/passwd so I know it is good and should
produce an "OK" and naturally 'mydomain.com' was replaced with my real
domain)

So adding the -f option does not even allow me to bind. Like I said I am not
very familiar with AD yet I would think that the 2nd error at least shows
that my bind credentials are working?

So I am still stuck yet hopefully these results might help you help me
narrow it down?

Thx again!

Brig